PERT is an effective project management tool used for planning tasks. Managers would find it is much easier to schedule and coordinate team members to accomplish the work by using project management tools such as Gantt chart software. In this article, we will introduce you 3 great online pert chart tools for project management better.
Creately is an online PERT chart tool with “smart” diagramming feature. It’s really simple and easy to draw Pert charts or come up with a quick timeline for planning things through Creately. Plenty of different features are available including curvy connectors and pretty shapes. Massive PERT chart template greatly inspire you to create your own PERT charts.
- Ability to create tasks and add dependencies in one single click alone will save you plenty of minutes when doing a project plan.
- Its smart objects adjust according to the context so you don’t have to manually do the adjusting.
- It provides you various templates that you can use based on the type of the diagram you selected.
- With its real-time collaboration features, you can plan together in real-time with all parties able to see the changes instantly. This saves hours spent on back and forth emails and brings a sense of ownership to all parties involved.
- Any change made by anyone is recorded in the revision history. This feature also enables you to go back and revert any change made to the project timeline.
- Allow you to export diagrams created by Creately as editable SVGs. Import them into Adobe Illustrator, Inkspace, MS, Visio etc. for modification.
- Inline comments and discussion threads supported. Just select where it needs changes and leave a comment.
Price: free option; $5/month
As a most widely used online diagramming application, it is not only used for creating PERT charts, but also for creating flowcharts, SWOT analyses, wireframes, etc. Thanks to its drag-and-drop interface, PERT creation would be a breeze.
- Lightning fast. Gliffy Online runs on an HTML5 editor that’s more than twice as fast as Flash. Create and edit even very large diagrams without wasting time.
- A rich set of themes & templates. Set custom colors and save them for simple reselection. Color themes automatically repaint entire diagrams in designer-approved palettes. Templates jump start your drawing process with a wide range of ready-made options.
- Awesome and well-categorized collections of shapes library are offered.
- Seamless Integration with Google Drive. Create, open, and edit Gliffy documents directly from Google Drive so you can manage access, and share your diagrams from any computer or device.
- Protect and Track Changes. Revision control automatically stores each version you save so you can track changes and roll back when required.
- Import Visio Documents. Its import functionality now speaks Visio. Open, edit, and save all your old diagrams using Gliffy Online.
- Once the diagram is completed, you can share the diagram URL link to social network websites freely.
Price: small free plan; $4.95 standard plan
Cacoo is a user-friendly online PERT chart tool for you creating diagrams easily and quickly. It is a very similar web-based program as Gliffy and Creately. Going along with the regular shapes and lines are stencils, aligning functionality, and freehand options. Real-time collaboration is also supported, it enables you to work in collaboration with your team anywhere and anytime.
- Take your diagrams anywhere. It keeps your diagrams secure, synced, and easy to share with the cloud.
- Support collaborate in real time. See changes as they happen in real time when working with others on the same diagram.
- Share diagrams quickly. It provides many sharing options, no Cacoo account necessary.
- Unlimited Undo is a neat feature with the history of all modifications saved, meaning you can undo right back to the start.
- Numerous users can also work on and complete the same diagram simultaneously with the application supporting real-time collaboration.
Price: free; $4.95 per month
The main point of PERT charts is to help save time and figure out a constructive method to do things more efficiently and conveniently. Above three online PERT chart tools are a good start. Just select the one you need and try it out.