Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) is an effective method to illustrate business processes in the form of a diagram. The best Visio alternative for creating BPMN diagram will be introduced.
Edraw – Best Visio Alternative for BPMN
Edraw is a popular Visio alternative for making the BPMN diagram and other drawings such as flowchart, mind map, org chart, family tree, floor plan, UML, network diagram, infographics, etc both on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
This Visio Alternative for BPMN enables users to quickly and easily model and create their business processes, using its various templates and examples.
- Cross-platform support: Windows 7, 8, 10, XP (32 or 64bit), Vista and Citrix; Linux; Mac OS X 10.2 or later (Microsoft Visio only supports windows system)
- Drag-and-drop based interface to draw any kind of BPMN diagram.
- Automatic alignment for neat, crisp drawings.
- Numerous built-in Visio symbols alternatives, Visio templates alternatives and examples.
- Totally compatible with MS Office, BPMN diagram created by Edraw can be exported to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint file, and edited in MS Office.
- Allow exporting the drawing to formats like JPG, PDF, PS, SVG, etc.
- Visio compatible: import and edit a Visio file (.vsdx) with the click of a button, and also can export the BPMN diagram to Visio VSDX format.
- Cloud collaboration supported.
- Advanced service at a much cheaper price.
How to Design A Perfect BPMN Diagram Using This Visio Alternative for BPMN
Run Edraw, you will find a variety of BPMN diagram templates together with useful tutorial materials to help create a great BPMN diagram effortlessly.
1. Start Edraw, go to File menu > Flowchart > Business Process Modeling, open a BPMN diagram drawing page.
2. You will see the BPMN symbols on the left of the canvas.
3. Drag BPMN symbols and drop on any place of the canvas.
4. Connect shapes and style the shapes as you like.
5. Lay out your BPMN diagram by using grid lines and quick Align and Distribute buttons.
6. Apply a theme for a professional quality result.
7. Add a background from the Background library.
8. Save and export the diagram.
Business Process Modeling Diagram Example: