Microsoft Visio is definitely a powerful program for creating diagrams. However, due to the high price for single users, people tend to look for some best Visio alternatives for engineering diagram. This article will show you the 5 best Visio alternatives for your reference.
If you are looking for best Visio alternatives for an engineering diagram, Edraw will be your first choice because of many handy features.
- Similar user interface with Microsoft product. Fully compatible with Visio.
- Thousands of built-in fully editable engineering symbols for you to quickly drag and drop them on your drawing board.
- Abundant various pre-designed engineering templates and examples for users to free download and customize contents.
- Auto-create options let users to easily connect, align and space shapes.
- Easy to insert attachment, notes, and even hyperlinks to make your work much more resourceful and attractive.
ConceptDraw Pro is another best Visio alternative for creating an engineering diagram. Its features are as follows:
- A lot of engineering shapes are offered for dragging and dropping.
- Hundreds of pre-made templates enable users to start creations quickly.
- Grids, rules, and guides are provided to users to arrange objects properly.
- Supports exporting engineering diagrams to many formats, such as image, Html, PowerPoint, PDF, Visio, and XML.
Following reasons make SmartDraw a great Visio alternative to create an engineering diagram.
- A number of engineering templates are offered for users to customize and create productively.
- Automatic formatting and smart connecting lines help users align and space engineering symbols perfectly.
- Cross-platform based on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Integrates with Microsoft Office, and enables users to save/export engineering diagrams to many other formats, such as Word, Excel, PPT, and images.
Lucidchart is a clean and efficient program to create an engineering diagram. Popular features including:
- A mass of standard engineering symbols for users to drag and drop on their drawing board.
- Free pre-made engineering templates for users to edit and share with Lucidchart community for further uses.
- Communicate and share in real-time.
- Supports many different formats like PNG, JPG, PDF, VDX and more.
Creately is another great choice for generating an engineering diagram. It is online and drag-and-drop based.
- Hundreds of engineering templates for downloading and editing to suit different needs.
- Good real-time collaboration feature for teamwork.
- Supports exporting/importing/sharing many different formats, such as Visio, PDF, MS and editable SVG.
- Works well with Google Drive based on read-only links.
The above is the 5 best Visio alternatives for Engineering Diagram. Fancy any of them? Just quickly started by clicking on the free download option!