The Marketing and Charts Diagrams shapes are available under the Business category. In Visio, you can create charts and diagrams for process modeling, SWOT analysis, product life analysis, etc.
Use the Matrix diagram template to create 2-D and 3-D matrix diagrams. Select which kind of matrix diagram you want, drag and drop the shape from the Shape window onto the canvas.
Circular Arrow Diagrams
You can choose the number of arrows to create different circular arrow diagrams.
Product Life Cycle
If you want to analyze the development of a product, Visio can help you make a product life cycle.
Choose and Open a Template
- Start your Visio on your computer or open Visio (Web) on your browser. If Visio has been open, select File > New.
- Click Flowchart under the search bar and quickly find the templates. You can also select Basic Diagram or Blank Drawing to start from scratch.
- When you find the template you want, click on the thumbnail to open the drawing editor window.
Add and Connect Flowchart Shapes
- Select a shape in the Shapes window, drag and drop it onto the drawing page directly.
- To connect the shapes, click on the Connector on the Tools group of the Home tab. Besides, you can pause your mouse over the shape and click on one of the arrows. A small toolbar will appear with four common shapes.
As you can see from the image below, select the shape you want to use, and it will automatically connect with the right shape.
Add Text to Shapes and Connectors
- Double-click to select the shape or the connector.
- Type the text on the text boxes. When you begin to edit, the selected shape or connector will be changed into the text editing mode.
- When you finish typing, click any empty area of the page or press the Esc key.
In the end, the flowchart is complete. You can also customize your Visio flowchart and there is more you can do with the formatting options in Visio.
As the increasing demand for Visio alternatives on different operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux, you may be wondering how to open and edit Vsdx, or Vsd file formats with a Visio alternative. Today, let’s easily see the answer together!
What are Vsdx and Vsd File Formats?
The Vsdx file format is introduced by Microsoft to replace the older version Vsd and the Visio XML drawing format Vdx. VSDX files are used for saving flowcharts, process diagrams, organizational charts, and so on. VSD files are used for storing connection information for imported data sources. Some other key Visio file formats including Vsdm for Visio macro-enabled drawing; Vssm for Visio macro-enabled stencils; Vstx for Visio templates and so on.
How to Open and Edit Vsdx, Vsd Files with a Visio Alternative?
It’s more than easy to do so by using an all-in-one multi-platform based on a free download diagramming software.
Open Vsdx and Vsd Files
You can directly drag and drop your Visio files to the drawing board to open it. Alternatively, you can go to File>Import>Import Visio File as shown below:
You would probably have tried Microsoft Visio to create simple and customizable stencils. However, there are some other choices with even more built-in diagram design resources can create Visio stencil alternatives. Let’s check out one of them right now!
Similar to Visio, the alternative choice also includes the text editor, basic shapes libraries and the DataSheet option for you to create multiple data graphics whit a single shape, or to create personalizable data graphics to fit your business needs.
Create Visio Stencil Alternatives
Suppose now you need to create some simple label/signal stencils for your business flowchart, but can’t find suitable ones in Visio. What should you do now?
Step 1 – Add Your Shapes
You can directly drag and drop built-in basic shapes from the left-hand library to the right-hand drawing board.
Visio swimlane diagrams are helpful for users to undertake business projects. However, have you ever consider trying some other great Visio alternatives to do so? In today’s article, we will explore more about the swimlane diagram and how to create one with a Visio alternative software.
What is a Swimlane Diagram?
The swimlane diagram clearly shows the daily operations of a department. In the vertical direction, it shows functional departments, while in the horizontal direction it displays roles. The drawing process of a swimlane diagram is similar to a traditional flow chart. Here is a swimlane diagram example that shows you the hiring process of a company.