Data describes our everyday life and tell easy stories about what we see. Data visualization can also make our business better since visualization brings an interesting presentation to our life. There are many tools including Visio can create data charts, but what are the most competitive choices? Today, let’s check out the great data visualization Visio alternatives!
The first data visualization Visio alternative here allows users to easily create dashboards and reports. What’s more, if you don’t have any technical background, you can still derive the insights of your datasets with the tool. You can also use its cross-database feature to mix data from Excel, Oracle, MySQL, and many other applications. If you have any problems, you can check out the company’s online community for a solution.
- Starting price: Contact the sales team
- OS: Windows/Mac/Android/iOS/Web
A wireframe is a visual mockup that highlights the fundamental structure of your website, app and so on. You can use basic shapes to block out your content. A wireframe is powerful since it can be rearranged conveniently before moving on to a higher-fidelity prototype.
When making a choice for the best wireframe design Visio alternatives, you may consider the cost, effectiveness, and speed. How and where to start? Don’t worry, here we’ve selected 5 of the best wireframe design Visio alternatives for you. Enjoy!
This wireframe design Visio alternative makes interactive prototypes very easy. You can use it nearly for everything, for example, from workflows to high-fidelity usability tests. It also has good online support in forums and tutorial videos for first-time users. Furthermore, you can do projects based on its dynamic panels for animations.
- Starting price: $29/month/user
- OS: Windows/Mac
Are you looking for a Visio flowchart alternative for Mac? Don’t know where to find them? Simply read this article today for all the answer you want!
Visio Flowchart Alternative – Edraw Max
This is a vector-based diagramming software that covers Visio-like features. You can easily create a wide range of flowchart categories like BPMN, data flow, event flow, SDL and many more with editable symbols, built-in templates, and auto-floating connection buttons. The user interface is also similar to Microsoft’s Ribbon. The exporting options are also rich, which include PDF, Html, Word, Visio, PNG, JPG, PPT, EPS, and many other formats.
As we all know that Microsoft Visio is offline based so you need to download and install it on your device. However, is there any Visio alternative online tools for an ever quicker start for your project? Don’t be panic, in today’s guide we will show you a list of these top tools!
How We Pick up these Visio Alternative Online Tools?
There are so many aspects and factors that we can refer to when we are talking about diagramming tools, but in this article here, we will mainly focus on the following important points:
- Diagramming Categories – what specific types of diagrams can the tool draw? For business? or for networking diagrams?
- Integration Options – which platforms can the tool be connected to?
- User Interface Design – whether the user interface/drawing board is clear and innovative?
- Collaborations – whether the tool is easy for remote team projects etc.?
- Unique Feature Compared to other Alternatives – Is there any more specific functions that the tool can offer?
The Visio alternative online here is based on a drag-and-drop drawing board, and it is mainly for creating software engineering diagrams, floor plans, wireframes, and business diagrams. The collaboration and integration features are also great especially for diagramming beginners. For example, you can add, view, edit and send comments on your file and send it to your teammates. Alternatively, you can connect Gliffy directly to Trello, Basecamp, Jira, and Confluence, etc.
Have you ever tried Visio alternatives before? If the answer is a “No”, why not read to the article here and choose your best Visio alternative? Today, we will go through the top 5 Visio 2013 alternatives for diagramming and graphic design with their pros, cons and key features.
Why Do We need to Select Visio 2013 Alternatives?
The majority of marketing or design managers know that project failure may due to a wide range of problems including poor design quality, few integration options; very limited design resources, etc. In this case, an easy and professional diagramming software such as Microsoft Visio 2013 would help you a lot in many fields: flowcharts, network diagrams, floor plans, Gantt charts, engineering diagrams and more.
However, Microsoft Visio has two main disadvantages when comparing to its alternatives:
- It is costly to middle or small businesses (the pro version will cost you over $500 for just one copy).
- The advanced functions in Visio seem only suitable for large-scale firms. Therefore, for basic or general designs, small businesses should better choose Visio alternatives to fit their needs.
What Kind of Criteria Do We Use?
To be covered as one of the Visio 2013 alternatives in this article, the tool had to meet these requirements:
- Overall easy-to-use: the diagramming software has clear design or tutorials for first-time users;
- Affordable: the software should have a lower price (monthly or annually) than Visio 2013;
- Popularity: the software has at least 20 customer reviews on the leading software review platforms (e.g. Capterra or G2Crowd);
Feel free to read on to explore more about all these top Visio 2013 alternatives for your projects.