Microsoft Visio is a good diagramming tool, but its $589.99 is too high for many of the single users. You may also have heard about some quite good closed source Visio alternatives like Edraw Max or Lucidchart, but how about the choices for open sourced ones? In today’s article, we will check the top 5 open source Visio alternatives.
The software is one of the vector-based open source Visio alternatives with 2D drawing, object creation, and manipulation, data import or export, rendering and so on. It is free to download from its official website.
- Has a well-structured menu system for you to edit every single element on the same layer of your work;
- It can be operated on many operating systems including Windows and Ubuntu;
- So far, not too much exporting options available (only PNG is available)
- Doesn’t support 3D diagramming;
As we all know that Microsoft Visio is a good tool for graphic design including infographic creations. However, if you want to get rid of the Microsoft software package and have a standalone design tool, then you may probably find somewhere else. Today, we gonna see the top 4 Linux Visio alternatives for infographic design.
Edraw Max as a Linux Visio alternative for infographic design is powerful and time-saving with thousands of infographic elements and various templates. You can easily drag-and-drop, edit, draw, print and share in just seconds.
- Easy alteration of chart data for a quick edit;
- A wide range of editable infographic elements covering from basic shapes to marketing;
- A large quantity of well-designed editable infographic templates;
- Offers a set of pencil and pen drawing tools for you to create your own elements and save them to the preset libraries;
- Easily export/import to different formats or share on SNS;
- Can be used for Linux packages like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mint, Knoppix, RedHat, Gentoo etc.
- Support inserting local pictures and crop them to any shapes as you like;
- Easy to switch between different diagram themes, background colors and more;
Still finding a great Ubuntu Visio alternative for your business projects or educational coursework? Stay relax and simply check out this easy choice with many diagram design categories like flowchart, organizational chart, mind map, infographics, Gantt charts, science diagrams etc. You would also surely enjoy its built-in free Visio symbols alternatives and Visio templates alternatives!
Ubuntu Visio Alternative Edraw Max
You can easily explore countless diagram design resources, such as originally made templates, examples, symbols and so on. Furthermore, you can use the auto-create tools to quickly change different diagram themes, background colors and shadow effects etc. The software also has great Microsoft Visio compatibility.
If you are a Linux fan, have you ever tried some great Visio alternative Linux software? In this article we gonna introduce you one of such software for different kinds of diagram design including flowcharts, engineering diagram, network diagrams, floor plans, project management charts and more.
How to find a good Linux Visio alternative? So far, Linux software only accounts for a small proportion of the overall worldwide tools and application. However, it doesn’t mean Linux has lost its competitiveness. Here we gonna check together for the list of Linux Visio alternatives. I’m sure you would love their cool features and functions.
Linux Visio Alternative Edraw Max
Edraw Max is indeed a quite good Linux Visio alternative for different types of diagram design. You can easily find a large number of resources, like floor plan templates, business diagram examples, flowcharts, fashion design elements, network symbols and so on. What’s more, the software has many auto-create tools for you to quickly switch between different diagram theme, background color, connectors and layout types etc. Once finished your creation, you can simply share work on SNS, or export in different formats include Visio. One more advantage is, Edraw Max is multi-language based that cover many EU languages.