Looking for an interactive online timeline software to help you organize information into a linear structure? We’ve just collected five amazing online timeline software for your reference.
Preceden is a simple but effective online timeline software for businesses, educational or non-profit audiences looking to add engaging timelines. Its user-friendly interface, a wealth of export options, and a customizable appearance along with project planning empower you to create and share timeline in minutes.
- Seamless visualization of major milestones, dates, and deadlines
- Biographies, history graphs, corporate planning – all use cases covered with a single tool
- Layers to group associated events and organize your timeline better
- Easy sharing (save as PDF, URL, embeddable code, CSV, etc.)
- A bunch of customization options and abilities to tweak and tune.
Capzles is a free online timeline software that provides a unique and creative way to build timelines. You are able to design a timeline, blog directly into your timelines, add multimedia, upload stacks of images and much more. You can theme your Capzles, add background music.
- Website: http://www.capzles.com
- Capzles is for personal use
- It was founded in 2007 by Jeff Sherwood
- It is a web app
- It supports date ranges
ReadWriteThink timeline allows students to create a graphical representation of an event or process by displaying items sequentially along a line.
- Flexible structuring by time of day, date, or event
- Labels with short or long descriptions and associated images
- Easy re-arranging of items: add, drag, drop and revise as necessary.
- Saving and sharing. Users can get back to incomplete work or share the outcome afterward.
MyHistro is a nice online program for creating geo-located interactive timelines. You can create a story and add events that are tagged with the location. you can also link events to Facebook, add quizzes, export as CSV/PDF/DVD, add Google Maps, and more.
- Add text, video, and images to build a dynamic timeline
- Mix maps and timelines in a single presentation
- Convert public timelines to PDF or export to Google Earth format for offline use.
- Embed timelines into a blog or website for better exposure
- Co-author events or stories with your friends by sharing a link
Sutori is a popular multimedia online timeline creation tool. Using myHistro, you can combine maps and timelines seamlessly into one great presentation, convert any public timeline into a personal pdf file, or export it into Google Earth format for offline storage. All completed timelines can be embedded into your blog and websites for maximum exposure.
- Timeline creation for students and teachers
- Online quiz feature for better retention and performance assessment
- Ability to add cross-curricular materials from multiple sources
- Interaction, collaboration, and annotation tools
- Multimedia support to enliven your timelines and express complex notions in a different manner
- Progress tracking, live feedback and monitoring of learners’ timelines
- Sutori Community gives access to over 100 ready-made timelines on various subjects
- Sutori bundles – collections of battle-hardened lesson plans and timelines compatible with the Common Core State Standards.