Smart and versatile P&ID Visio alternative for Linux helps chemical engineers create professional P&ID diagrams with just a few clicks.
Introduction of Powerful Linux P&ID Visio Alternative
Edraw P&ID software for Linux is the best affordable Visio alternative to create P&ID diagrams. It provides thousands of unicolor and colorized P&ID shapes for users to drag, drop and edit for free. And all the shapes are grouped into specific categories as a ready reference. Users can get a quick start by editing a pre-made template to save time and energy or enjoy the drawing pleasure by opening a blank drawing page to start from scratch as they wish.Free Download
Compatible with the most popular Linux distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mint, Knoppix, RedHat, Gentoo, and More.
Top Features of P&ID Visio Alternative for Linux
- Cheap price with lifetime upgrade guarantee makes every penny well spent.
- A large quantity of unicolor and colorized P&ID symbols are provided and grouped into different categories for ready reference.
- A mass of professionally designed P& ID templates are offered for users to start their drawing quickly if time is limited.
- Users are allowed to free design their special shapes with embedded drawing tools if they are not satisfied with built-in ones.
- It supports export diagrams to commonly-used file formats which enable users to share their diagrams with just one button.
Comparison Between Edraw & Visio
Simple Guide to Creating P&ID on Linux
Edraw provides a simple guide on how to create P&ID on Linux in minutes. Follow it and create your P&ID diagram with 5 drag-and-drop steps.
Step 1. Start the software, go to File menu, point to New > Click Industrial Automation, and then double-click the icon of PID type suits you best to open the blank drawing page.
Step 2. Switch to left libraries, drag the P& ID shapes you need from a specific category and drops on the canvas, align those shapes with smart blue guidelines. Edit them if necessary.
Step 3. Press Ctrl + 2 to add text boxes and type in contents. Press Ctrl + shift + 2 to resize, move or rotate text box.
Step 4. Navigate to Page Layout, select the theme that matches your topic best from built-in themes.
Step 5. Go back to File menu again, click Save under File tab to save the P&ID diagram as the default .eddx format or hit Export & Send to export it to commonly used file formats for sharing more conveniently.
Here list several P&ID examples created by our Linux P&ID Visio alternative.
All the examples it provided are free to download, edit, print and share. Pls, feel free to download anyone you like and customize it to your own new P& ID diagram with a few clicks.