If you are looking for a UML Diagram Visio Alternative for Linux, Edraw should be what you need. It is a flexible and simple Visio alternative which helps you create UML diagrams easily on Linux.
Quick Overview of Linux UML Diagram Visio Alternative
As we all know, Visio software can not work on Linux system. As a cross-platform program, Edraw is one of the best Visio Alternative for creating UML diagrams that is fully compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux. Especially, Its built-in UML symbols and templates enable users to design more than nine types of UML diagram effortlessly.
Compatible with the most popular Linux distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mint, Knoppix, RedHat, Gentoo and more.
Advanced Features of This UML Diagram Visio Alternative for Linux
- User-friendly interface similar to Word, without a learning curve.
- A rich set of UML diagram templates to make you get started quickly.
- Advanced text to shapes features help you modify and format various UML objects exactly the way you want.
- UML diagram shape library gives you the ability to draw your UML diagram
- Export diagrams to various formats such as graphics and MS documents.
- Real-time collaboration supported. You can upload the file to Team cloud for sharing.
Comparison Between Edraw & Visio
From above-mentioned, it is not difficult to find that Edraw is your first choice to UML diagrams.
Create UML Diagrams on Linux Using This Visio Alternative
UML diagrams can be created on Linux using Edraw in five steps.
- Run Edraw, open a UML diagram drawing page or select an existing template to do the UML diagram creation.
- Drag and drop UML shapes from the left library onto the design.
- Connect shapes and style the shapes as you like.
- Lay out your UML diagram by using grid lines and quick Align and Distribute.
- Once the UML diagram is completed, you can save and export it to other formats such as jpg, png, ppt, word, pdf, HTML, etc you prefer.
Following are some completed UML diagram example. You can free download, edit, and share.
Enrollment UML Activity Template