Visio is a diagram design software that developed and published by the Microsoft team. It is well-known for creating different kinds of charts, such as Visio org chart. However, for single users or design beginners, you may feel a bit difficult to start your very first project with Visio. Here we gonna check together for some fast-growing Visio org chart alternative software.
The software has a series of initiative features: the straightforward and simple user interface; rich preset editable org charting symbols, examples, and templates; various diagram theme options; auto-create tools for generating org charts and adding photos from your local data files; different exporting choices and so on. You can easily find many elements in the Visio org chart alternative, like a rectangle, rounded, ellipse, webbing shape, hierarchical org chart etc. All parts of your org diagram, such as connectors, layout types, background color etc, can be switched within a few clicks automatically. What’s more, you can import or export your work in MS Visio or some other Graphics formats.
- Main Features: Rich built-in templates, symbols, and theme styles; Auto-create tools; Good exporting feature
- Operating System: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Price: Free trial available; monthly fee for no more than $8 per user. Non-profit discount available
As a Visio org chart alternative tool, Slickplan can help you build diagram structure, plan content and share your work with friends via its web application. Some of the elements can be added by drag-and-drop. On the other hand, the user interface design may not as much intuitive as for beginners. Some parts of the main menus would be better if improved.
- Main Features: Good for website-based projects; Features updated quickly
- Operating System: Web-based
- Price: $9 per month for single user; $26.99 per month for pro the version; $53.99 per month for startups
The Visio org chart alternative creator Gliffy supports good document processes. Like Edraw Max, Gliffy also has many built-in shapes and colorful elements. The drawing canvas design is slick and simple. However, if you add lots of org chart boxes at one time, sometimes you may feel difficult to connect them. Only a very limited amount of icons are available for the free version.
- Main Features: Many preset diagram materials; Slick drawing board
- Operating System: Windows, Mac, web-based
- Price: $8 per month for a single user
The brand is another Visio org chart alternative. The software is multi-platform based on both online and offline versions. Users can lively generate charts and diagrams by adjusting elements automatically. The uncluttered interface and some features, like the Image Search toolbar, are easy to understand. Some weak points of Creately include no more modes for the user interface, such as the night mode; low-speed real-time collaboration on the Creately app, and a limited number of categories for preset templates.
- Main Features: Multi-platform based; Uncluttered user interface; Easy image Search tool
- Operating System: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web-based
- Price: Starts from $49 per year per user
This Visio org chart alternative software has handy built-in clip arts and the easy group-adding feature. The 3D effect option is also cool for presentation. Although the good parts, the team should improve the software in some aspects. For example, it may not easy to save files on the preset Cloud system. Sometimes you cannot open the previous diagram unless you have upgraded it to the latest version. The amount of templates in the Library is rich, but some of them are not flexible enough to edit manually for real uses.
- Main Features: Easy-to-use clip arts; Convenient group-adding tool; 3D model available
- Operating System: Windows
- Price: $300 per user for the one-time license
Visio Org Chart Alternative Tools Summary
So far, you have seen the list of the most competitive names for Visio org chart makers. The competition in the business software market is quite strong, and some of them are indeed worth trying. Why not start your own org chart drawing right now from these tools