The Marketing and Charts Diagrams shapes are available under the Business category. In Visio, you can create charts and diagrams for process modeling, SWOT analysis, product life analysis, etc.
Use the Matrix diagram template to create 2-D and 3-D matrix diagrams. Select which kind of matrix diagram you want, drag and drop the shape from the Shape window onto the canvas.
Circular Arrow Diagrams
You can choose the number of arrows to create different circular arrow diagrams.
Product Life Cycle
If you want to analyze the development of a product, Visio can help you make a product life cycle.
Choose and Open a Template
- Start your Visio on your computer or open Visio (Web) on your browser. If Visio has been open, select File > New.
- Click Flowchart under the search bar and quickly find the templates. You can also select Basic Diagram or Blank Drawing to start from scratch.
- When you find the template you want, click on the thumbnail to open the drawing editor window.
Add and Connect Flowchart Shapes
- Select a shape in the Shapes window, drag and drop it onto the drawing page directly.
- To connect the shapes, click on the Connector on the Tools group of the Home tab. Besides, you can pause your mouse over the shape and click on one of the arrows. A small toolbar will appear with four common shapes.
As you can see from the image below, select the shape you want to use, and it will automatically connect with the right shape.
Add Text to Shapes and Connectors
- Double-click to select the shape or the connector.
- Type the text on the text boxes. When you begin to edit, the selected shape or connector will be changed into the text editing mode.
- When you finish typing, click any empty area of the page or press the Esc key.
In the end, the flowchart is complete. You can also customize your Visio flowchart and there is more you can do with the formatting options in Visio.
Data describes our everyday life and tell easy stories about what we see. Data visualization can also make our business better since visualization brings an interesting presentation to our life. There are many tools including Visio can create data charts, but what are the most competitive choices? Today, let’s check out the great data visualization Visio alternatives!
The first data visualization Visio alternative here allows users to easily create dashboards and reports. What’s more, if you don’t have any technical background, you can still derive the insights of your datasets with the tool. You can also use its cross-database feature to mix data from Excel, Oracle, MySQL, and many other applications. If you have any problems, you can check out the company’s online community for a solution.
- Starting price: Contact the sales team
- OS: Windows/Mac/Android/iOS/Web
As the increasing demand for Visio alternatives on different operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux, you may be wondering how to open and edit Vsdx, or Vsd file formats with a Visio alternative. Today, let’s easily see the answer together!
What are Vsdx and Vsd File Formats?
The Vsdx file format is introduced by Microsoft to replace the older version Vsd and the Visio XML drawing format Vdx. VSDX files are used for saving flowcharts, process diagrams, organizational charts, and so on. VSD files are used for storing connection information for imported data sources. Some other key Visio file formats including Vsdm for Visio macro-enabled drawing; Vssm for Visio macro-enabled stencils; Vstx for Visio templates and so on.
How to Open and Edit Vsdx, Vsd Files with a Visio Alternative?
It’s more than easy to do so by using an all-in-one multi-platform based on a free download diagramming software.
Open Vsdx and Vsd Files
You can directly drag and drop your Visio files to the drawing board to open it. Alternatively, you can go to File>Import>Import Visio File as shown below:
Have you ever tried Visio alternatives before? If the answer is a “No”, why not read to the article here and choose your best Visio alternative? Today, we will go through the top 5 Visio 2013 alternatives for diagramming and graphic design with their pros, cons and key features.
Why Do We need to Select Visio 2013 Alternatives?
The majority of marketing or design managers know that project failure may due to a wide range of problems including poor design quality, few integration options; very limited design resources, etc. In this case, an easy and professional diagramming software such as Microsoft Visio 2013 would help you a lot in many fields: flowcharts, network diagrams, floor plans, Gantt charts, engineering diagrams and more.
However, Microsoft Visio has two main disadvantages when comparing to its alternatives:
- It is costly to middle or small businesses (the pro version will cost you over $500 for just one copy).
- The advanced functions in Visio seem only suitable for large-scale firms. Therefore, for basic or general designs, small businesses should better choose Visio alternatives to fit their needs.
What Kind of Criteria Do We Use?
To be covered as one of the Visio 2013 alternatives in this article, the tool had to meet these requirements:
- Overall easy-to-use: the diagramming software has clear design or tutorials for first-time users;
- Affordable: the software should have a lower price (monthly or annually) than Visio 2013;
- Popularity: the software has at least 20 customer reviews on the leading software review platforms (e.g. Capterra or G2Crowd);
Feel free to read on to explore more about all these top Visio 2013 alternatives for your projects.